Saturday, June 15, 2013

HAPPINESS. (musings at 2am.)

Something I decided tonight during my study break (aka, eating popcorn and looking at cute couples on pinterest...) is that really, you just need to be happy. People love people that are happy. You love you when you're happy. So why not be happy?? It's really not that deep or complicated, but for some reason, it seems so inspiring to me.
All these couples that I'm obsessed with and I swoon over their cuteness, and what have I realized they all have in common? What makes them so dang adorable?? They are HAPPY. They smile and laugh and love their life.
These people at school that I'm naturally drawn to and admire and love? These beautiful girls that I wish I could be? They're fun and grateful and kind and (wait for it....) happy! Once again, people love people that are happy.
Does this mean that you constantly have to have a smile pasted on and that you absolutely should not  be frustrated or heartbroken or let down ever for one second in your life? NO! Of course not. That is pure silliness right there. The difference is that you don't dwell on that. You don't sit and wallow in your little puddle of grief and wait for some magical experience to resolve all the issues in your life. Because, believe it or not, that isn't going to happen, as much as we all wish it would. And while you're waiting, you are probably missing out on all sorts of beautiful things.
I'm certainly not saying that I don't do my fair share of sulking and wallowing--heck, I do enough for a dozen people combined. But there are better things to be doing with ourselves! So yes, by all means, take the time you need to address your problems and feel sorrow or pain or whatever the case may be. Cry, ponder, write in your journal, talk to your mom. Just be careful about spending too much time there. And when you are out in the real world, leave it behind. Take time to genuinely care about those you are spending time with. Smile at the random girl on your way to class. Say hi to the kid you've only talked to twice. Hold the door open for someone. Let people know that they matter to you and that them existing brightens your day. Because deep down inside you, under your pain or stress or anger, it's true. You love these people and you want to be happy and help them be happy in turn.
When the very best things happen to us, we are happy. And we love it. We love to be happy. It's our favorite thing. So why don't we do it more often? Why do we get so caught up in worrying about our lives that we forget to live them?
Be with people that make you happy. Smile, laugh, be grateful because life is beautiful. Sing out loud, dance in the grocery store, notice the details of life. Just BE HAPPY. It will be great for you and it will inspire and lift those around you. And then we have this nice little chain of happiness and it's great all around! Be like those people you admire and adore. Practice being the best you. It isn't usually easy to keep up, but the point of practice is to make it easier, right?
I feel like this is very redundant and hardly makes sense, but that's kind of just my mind. So I guess it's just how it goes, people. Haha.
Do nice things for people and find things that bring you joy. The end.
Love always:
L

No comments:

Post a Comment